Updating Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100G smart phone with Cyanogen Mod 10 Jelly bean 4.1 firmware
Users of Samsung Galaxy S2 GT 19100G Smart Phones can now look forward for the installation of Jellybean 4.1 updates. Neither there is an official confirmation from Samsung over the firmware version release nor is any estimated timeframe within which the official updates for Jellybean would be released for S2 GT I910G smart phone has been confirmed by the company sources. The current version is only a test release and the final version will be made available soon.
The enhanced capabilities, smoother interface and added applications make this update a recommendable application. However, it is unfortunate that the update is not available for Galaxy S2 GT I9100G devices and other S2 variants. The Cyanogen Mod 10 team powers this firmware update. There are certain instructions that the user need to follow before applying the update that is available in a guide format on how to apply Jellybean 4.1 update for I9100G.
Felicitations go to XDA Elite Recognized Developer codeworxy for coming up with this release. The user for applying this update needs to see that device is rooted and is installed with the custom recovery image. The warranty of the device will be void when the device is rooted. For regaining the warranty, the user is required to reapply for the official firmware update. All the data in the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I900G smart phone must be required to be backed up by taking the below mentioned steps in order to ensure that in case of data loss or data corruption, the same can be easily reversed or retrieved.
The necessary steps to be taken involved in this direction include:
- SMS – USE “SMS Backup and Restore app”,
- Contacts – Sync with the Gmail applications,
- Call Log – Call log and Restore,
- Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD Card,
- APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the Path: Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks> Access Point Names”
Care should be taken that the device is not turned off in the middle of firmware update that is why the battery’s minimum life should not be less than 50%. The user is also required to ensure that the USB Debugging Mode is enabled in his/her device. All antivirus suits must be disabled in the device and the computer.
Steps to update Samsung Galaxy S2 GTI9100G with the latest Jellybean 4.1 Firmware-
- The First step involves downloading the latest jellybean 4.1 firmware package and Google Apps Package from the internet into the computer. However, before downloading the firmware the user should ensure that the user has updated his/her l9100G with the latest ICS XXLPQ 4.03 Firmware and has rooted the same. Checking the device whether it is rooted or not can be checked by downloading the app called the “Root Checker” from the Google Play store.
- The next step on downloading of the firmware involves connecting the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100G to the computer with USB Data Cable and placing the downloaded zip file in the device. The phone should be turned off so that it can be entered in the recovery mode.
- While in the recovery mode, the user must select Wipe data /factory reset and need to select Wipe Cache Partition and then reboot his/her device by selecting the reboot system with the help of volume rocker keys so that all the cache data is completely wiped off.
- The final step involves selecting the “install zip from SD card” > “Choose zip from SD card” and then choosing the Jellybean 4.1 firmware package and then the Google Apps Package to select “Yes” with the help of volume rocker keys and menu buttons. Once the file is selected, it will take around four to five minutes for applying the same. Once the update is applied, the user will be redirected to the recovery mode screen. While in recovery mode, the user is required to select “Go Back” and then select the “reboot system now” for rebooting the device normally.
The above steps will help the user in successfully updating his/her Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100G with the latest version of Jellybean 4.1 firmware update. Thus, this firmware update is now installed in the Smartphone.
Rooting the phone or any kind of changes done to your mobile is purely at risk. We don’t take responsibility for the consequences when you implement this method. This is just for information, we advice you to consult professionals and experts or official service centers for any kind of changes to be made to your gadget.
Incoming search terms:
- jelly bean for galaxy s2 19100g
- samsung gt-l9100g
- Samsung Galaxy S2 GT 19100G
- s2 i910g
- galaxy s2 gt-l9100g
- gt i910g
- contacts for gt-l9100g
- Samsung galaxy s2 gt - l9100g 4 2 update official
- samsung GT- 19100G